Do you struggle with red spots or blemishes on your skin? Have you tried everything only to wind up with extra dry skin, or worse, extra oily? And the breakouts! Did you think you would outgrow those at some point only to find yourself in your 30’s or 40’s still battling for clean healthy looking skin? Then welcome to this week’s Malady of the week…skin blemishes!
Why do we wind up with blemishes or breakouts on our skin? Partly it has to do with keeping the skin clean. Clogged pores are the number one reason our skin doesn’t look its best. But using harsh chemicals to get it clean also has its drawbacks. Often our pores get clogged up because of excess oil production. This allows other materials on the surface of the skin to penetrate the pore. Then the skin gets irritated, especially around the pore which makes it look red and lumpy. Yuck! So what can you do?
Clean it up baby!
Getting your skin clean and rid of skin blemishes without harsh chemicals that can exacerbate the problem is key. Using a gentle cleanser and soft to medium pressure on your skin in upward rotating circles is a good place to start. I would suggest for sensitive skin the Verage Facial system from doTERRA. It’s all natural, and safe. You’ll love how it leaves your skin feeling.
If you are looking for the best that both science AND nature have to offer, then you will love the doTERRA Essential Skin Care line. The facewash utilizes the properties of peppermint and tea tree to get your skin extra clean. The toner contains Lavender, Ylang Ylang, and German Chamomile to help smooth, tone and balance sensitive skin. It’s been thoughtfully designed to fulfill your skin care needs. It has anti-aging properties too. Using one of these morning and night will get you on your way to balancing your skin and finding that beautiful reflection you’ve been looking for.
For younger skin fighting almost constant breakouts, or anyone who needs a little more help in that area, you’ll love the HD Clear line from doTERRA. Once a day, you’ll want to start with the foaming face wash to get your skin feeling and looking refreshingly clean. Next follow up with the HD Clear topical blend to go after those “trouble” spots. Lastly, moisturize with the HD Clear Facial Lotion. Believe it or not, hydrating can help eliminate blemishes, especially when used in balance with a system that seeks to balance out your skin. Check out this video Teens and Skin Care.
Personally I love doTERRA’s Hydrating Cream, (part of the Essential Skin Care collection) and use it especially at night. I live in a dry climate, so fighting dry skin for me is a challenge. This cream is “saturated with emollient-rich ingredients and probiotics. doTERRA Hydrating Cream provides intense hydration and nourishment to the skin, improving skin’s natural health and beauty.”(1) Whatever your age, you’ll love this rich, yet gentle moisturizer. that helps revitalize your skin. Oh yeah, and drink lots of water too…more on that below.
Inside and Out
Putting things on your skin topically is not all that is involved in great skin care. To get rid of skin blemishes, you also have to work from the inside out. Here are some suggestions you might not have realized affect how your skin looks and feels.
- Use high quality, clean ingredient skin care. I gave you some ideas on this above. That’s the outside to inside.
- Exfoliate. It’s important to clear away old dead skin cells. Personally I adore doTERRA’s Reveal Skin Care system for this one. Step one has a gentle exfoliator that feels like super fine sand. it gently whisks away those dry skin cells leaving the skin feeling refreshed. Before removing this scrub, you add the peptide activator. When you remove this you won’t believe how soft, smooth and supple your skin will feel. Almost like a newborn, it’s that soft!
- Drink lots of water. Dry skin is older looking skin, so hydrate! Water is your friend! The common rule of thumb is drinking half your body weight in ounces per day. Check with your doctor if you have any health conditions that would make this inadvisable. For more info on why getting enough water is so important, check out my blog on Water…your body’s superpower.
- Get some rest! Not only does the amount of sleep you get matter, but so does the quality of sleep. Add a little lavender on the bottoms of your feet, on your pillows, etc. If you’d like to read more on how to get great quality sleep, check out my post “Getting the Rest You Need“.
- You are what you eat, right? Yes, so putting lean meats, fruits and dark leafy greens into your diet is key. Processed foods are your enemy when it comes to healthy skin, so just say no! Your skin will thank you, and you’ll probably find the rest of your body will too!
- Good supplementation, It’s super hard these days to get all the nutrients you need out of your food, even when you are eating “healthy”. There is a simple solution. doTERRA’s Life Long Vitality vitamins and supplements helps your body to balance out its systems. Most people report more energy, less discomfort in muscles and joints, and overall feeling younger and stronger. If you want to dig deeper into these amazing supplements, check out my blog here on “What Supplements Should I Take Daily?
- Relieve stress. Sounds simple but this might be the hardest one! Learning to relax and letting go of the stresses of the day not only make an impact on your skin, but your health as a whole. To get some great ideas on how essential oils can help you relieve your stress, check out my post on “I’m stressed out!”.
Oils that really rate for the skin…
There are also some great oils I love to use topically on my skin for targeted issues. I love to use Geranium to help bring more moisture to dry patches, Yarrow Pom to support collagen production, and tea tree essential oil for those problem blemish areas that just seem to “pop” up! Try adding juniper berry to your facewash for an extra cleansing boost. It acts as a natural skin toner. I do warn you NOT to use any citrus oils on your skin if you will be outdoors within 12 hours They are photosensitive and can discolor your skin. They are nice to use if you will be indoors though. They really support clean healthy looking, vibrant skin. Just add any of these to your moisturizer or face wash.
If you want to just pay retail and get your Facial system now click Order Here. If you’d like to save 25% or more, click on my calendar so I can help you save the most money, get the most freebies, and get exactly what you want!
So now you know! There are some great natural skin care options that really rate. You’ll love how your skin looks and feels! Questions? I’m here to help! Just click on “My Calendar” to pick a time to chat about what is important to you. I’m here to help you get the most out of every product you try. I care that you are healthy and happy. After all healthy CAN be simple!